May 18, 2022 2:29 p.m.
The Annenberg Community Beach House kicks off the summer season with events and opportunities for everyone to enjoy the seaside public space. Guests can explore complimentary amenities such as the popular wading pool, playground, tours of historic Marion Davies Guest House, use of courts and beach fields, limited first-come, first-come seating served with spectacular views of the Pacific Ocean.
Favorite summer deals include:
• Weekends from May 28 and daily from July 1 to September 5. Canopy reservations are available for groups of up to 30 people.
• Wednesday, June 15, 7:30 p.m. LGBTQIA+ storytelling event with The Braid. Listen to funny, poignant and true stories exploring cross-cultural queer identity in today’s world. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Friday, June 17, 10 a.m., Drag Queen Story Hour. An interactive story hour designed to challenge restrictive gender stereotypes, encourage self-expression and promote diversity and inclusion. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Saturday 18 June, from 1 pm to 5 pm, Cardboard Yacht Regatta Day. Teams pre-build cardboard and tape boats for a race across the pool.
• From Sunday 19 June to Tuesday 5 September. Pool open for recreational swimming. Passes are sold on a first-come, first-served basis and go on sale one hour prior to pool opening. All members of a group must be present at the time of purchase. The schedule will change throughout the summer. Check annenbergbeachhouse.com for the latest information.
• Friday, June 24, 6 to 9 p.m., Pride Sunset Swim. A queer, safe, accessible and non-judgmental space for everyone; hosted by RuPaul’s Drag Race All-Star Tammie Brown, with free floats and s’mores. Part of SaMo PRIDE.
• Tuesday July 12, Friday July 22, Friday August 12 and Friday August 26, 6 a.m. – 9 p.m., Sunset Swim. Recreational swim sessions for ages 18 and up with free floats and s’mores.
• Thursday July 14 and Thursday August 11, from 5 pm to 8 pm Picnic at sunset. A community picnic for all ages.
• Friday, July 15, Friday, July 29, and Friday, August 12, 10-11:30 am Beachfront Storytime with the Santa Monica Public Library. Ocean themed stories, songs and rhymes. For 2 years.
• Throughout the summer: recreational stand-up paddleboard lessons, semi-private swim lessons for youth, floating fitness training, volleyball for adults and youth, yoga and Bounce gym for children. Free stand-up paddleboard and beach wheelchair rentals are available.
The Annenberg Community Beach House at Santa Monica State Beach is operated by the City of Santa Monica. The Beach House is made possible by a generous gift from the Annenberg Foundation, under the direction of Wallis Annenberg, and in partnership with the City of Santa Monica and California State Parks. Additional funding was provided by the US Department of Housing and Urban Development.
For more information, visit annenbergbeachhouse.com or call (310) 458-4904.
Public Information Coordinator
Parks and recreation, Places to visit
City Manager’s Office