CLEARWATER, Florida – Fourteen master sand sculptors from around the world have spent the past two weeks wrapping, shaping and sculpting Clearwater Beach’s famous sugar sand into sand masterpieces for the Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater. This year marks the festival’s return to bright and beautiful Clearwater Beach after being canceled for two years as a result of the pandemic.
Opening day is April 8!
The Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival presented by Visit St. Pete/Clearwater opens its doors to guests from around the world beginning at 10 a.m. on Friday, April 8.
Days, times and peak times of the festival
The festival lasts 17 days and ends on April 24. Hours of operation for the Sugar Sand Walk are 10 a.m. to 9 p.m. Sunday through Thursday and 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. Friday and Saturday. Peak festival days are Saturdays and Sundays, with weekdays/evenings being less crowded.
Get your tickets
- General Admission tickets are $12 and Baystar VIP Lounge tickets are $70, all available at SugarSandFestival.com.
- Children 3 and under are free.
- Military personnel, police officers, firefighters, teachers and health care workers can purchase discounted tickets for $10 onsite only on “frontline Fridays.”
This year’s festival offers more fun and excitement than ever before:
- This year’s theme is “SANDimals ~ An Animal Adventure!”
- Find your favorite animal sculpture in a 21,000 square foot exhibit.
- Kiss an alligator and see live animals courtesy of Alligator Wildlife And Discovery Center.
- There will be live music and free concerts on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays on the Frenchy’s main stage.
- Experience nine full days of live entertainment on the Hooters Hang Out stage.
- There will be speed-sand demonstrations, pro-ams and double-handed sand sculpting competitions.
- Fireworks will light up the sky at 9 p.m. every Saturday.
Cashless and contactless
For customer safety, this year’s festival will be 100% cashless and contactless. Payment methods accepted include all major credit cards, Google Pay and Apple Pay.
Park & Ride Service
Festival-goers should consider using the free PSTA Park & Ride trolley service to and from Clearwater Beach. Park downtown for free every day of the week at the Old City Hall parking lot (112 S. Osceola Ave.) and Saturdays and Sundays at the Pinellas County Garage (310 Court St.), at the 450 Oak Ave. and at 311 S. Osceola Avenue Parking. Then, hop on the Jolley Trolley to get to and from the beach. For more details on Park & Ride, visit PSTA.net/SpringBreak.
Motorized beach wheelchairs
New this year, patrons can use two new motorized sand wheelchairs, which will be available to guests throughout the Sugar Sand Walk exhibit, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Tickets and information
For tickets, event details or to volunteer, visit SugarSandFestival.com. If you have any questions, email [email protected]
About Pier 60 Sugar Sand Festival
Fourteen world-class artists create elaborate sand sculptures from Clearwater’s world-renowned sugar sand. The works of art are exhibited in a 21,000 square foot structure. Over 1,000 tons of Clearwater sand takes on new life, taking visitors on a sandtastic adventure. The festival is a joint effort between Sunsets at Pier 60 Daily Festival, a 501(c)3 organization and the City of Clearwater.
# # #