MIAMI GARDENS — Tyreek Hill ran onto the field waving his arms, to excite Dolphins fans attending training camp for the first time on Saturday.
Next, Hill did a back somersault.
Next, Hill grabbed a microphone and urged fans to “get your popcorn ready!”
What a different vibe at Dolphins training camp in 2022.
Then rookie Blaise Andries smashed two energy drink cans over his head to create a dynamic explosion and further excite the fans.
The sold-out training camp crowd chanted “Let’s go dolphins!”
One fan blurted out, “We’re going to be good! In fact, we’re going to be good!”
Here are some things we noticed during the first training camp practice of the summer open to fans at the Baptist Health Training Complex:
* Michael Deiter (foot) and Adam Butler (injury) missed practice.
* Tua knocked down Tyreek Hill on the first long practice pass.
* Killed connected with Jaylen Waddle on a long touchdown connection.
Shad:It’s time for the Dolphins to be Tua Tagovailoa’s team and for him to be captain |
More from Schad:Tyreek Hill’s Tua bold comments come in handy as Dolphins open camp
‘Let Tua cook?’ :Should Miami Dolphins caller Mike McDaniel do it
* Loud vocals of “Tua! Tua! Tua!” Impossible to quantify its popularity.
* Tua connected with Mohamed Sanu on a long passing game.
* Tyreek Hill had an outstanding hitch near the Tua sideline. Perfectly contorting her body.
* Mike McDaniel and Chase Edmonds set the run early in open training camp practice. Expect Miami to commit to racing in 2022.
* Jevon Holland wearing an orange jersey as the Dolphins’ previous practice player.
* Killed Tyreek, 65-yard TD pass, about 55 yards in the air. Nice deep ball. Game of the day. One of the best deep throws we’ve seen Tua make.
Joe Schad is a reporter for the USA TODAY Florida Network’s Palm Beach Post. You can reach him at [email protected] Help support our journalism. Subscribe today.