Cleveland State University Esports announced today that the team will play its inaugural season at the TCP-lit Cavs Legion Lair in the Battery Park neighborhood near downtown Cleveland. The 2,700+ square foot site overlooking Edgewater Beach is also home to the Cavs Legion Gaming Club (GC), the NBA 2K League affiliate of the Cleveland Cavaliers, and is considered one of the premier esports and gaming facilities of northeastern Ohio.
This is the first season of the Cleveland State University Esports program. The team consists of 30 players, 12 of whom live in Cuyahoga County. The team will compete in Valorant, Super Smash Brothers, League of Legends, Overwatch, and Rocket League. For more information on the CSU program, click on HERE.
“We are thrilled to share a premier space with a professional esports organization, a truly differentiating partnership for our emerging program,” said Director of Esports, PJ Farrell. “Having access to Cavs Legion facilities, knowledge and experience in our first season will have a huge impact on our recruiting, training and competition activities.”
“We are proud to welcome the Vikings esports program to Cavs Legion Lair Lit by TCP to participate in their inaugural season,” said Jonathan Sumers, Vice President, Cavs Legion GC and Esports Operations. “The Lair was built to be a place where northeast Ohio can celebrate and enjoy esports and gaming. one of the best gaming facilities in the region. Go Vikings!”
“As we strive to deliver a transformational experience for student-athletes in our all-new college esports program, there could be no better partnership than aligning ourselves with Cavs Legion and The Lair,” said the director. Scott Garrett Sports. to the continued growth of an already strong partnership that truly benefits the community and each other. »
When the Vikings or Cavs Legion are not using the facility, the space is also open to the public for gaming competitions, tournaments, birthday parties, and organized events. Features include:
- Twenty-six gaming stations each featuring pro-level gaming desktops, gaming chairs, SteelSeries peripherals, and more.
- At the center of the site is a two-tier stage designed for a competitive six-on-six game setup. The backdrop to the stage is a 16-foot-long by 5-foot-tall borderless video wall that provides the flexibility needed for zoned or multi-window layouts.
- Two soundproof streaming pods with advanced production streaming gear for around-the-clock content creation.
- A confessional-style content studio with an immersive video production backdrop, as well as some of the best broadcast and lighting equipment available on the market.
- An Everstream Internet network capable of download speeds of up to five GB/s for a lag-free gaming and streaming experience.
For more information about Legion Lair or to book your event, visit cavslegionlair.com and follow the establishment on Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.